San Diego has designated off-leash dog areas, where for doggies to run free, play fetch and socialize with other dogs. All puppies must finish vaccinations.
Fenced Off-leash Parks
- Capehart Park, Located at the corner of Felspar St and Soledad Mountain Rd, Pacific Beach
- Doyle Community Park, 8175 Regents Rd, University City, behind Doyle Recreation Center
- Dusty Rhodes Neighborhood Park, Sunset Cliffs Blvd, between Nimitz and West Point Loma, Ocean Beach
- Rancho Bernardo Park, 18448 West Bernardo Drive, adjacent to Rancho Bernardo Community Park
- Ward Canyon Neighborhood Park, 3905 Adams Ave, Normal Heights
- Kearny Mesa Community Park, 3170 Armstrong St, Kearny Mesa
- Rancho Peñasquitos Park, Salmon River Rd@Fairgrove Lane across the street from the Rancho Peñasquitos Branch Library
- Nobel Park, 8820 Judicial Dr, University City, just east of the North University Community Branch Library building, near the Nobel Athletic Fields and Recreation Center
- Torrey Highlands Park, Lansdale Dr off Del Mar Heights Rd
Water Access (no fence)
- Dog Beach, Ocean Beach at the foot of Voltaire St, 24 hour access to the beach and ocean.
- Fiesta Island, Mission Bay Park, 1590 East Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Dog Off-Leash Parks & Trails (no fence)
- Grape Street Park, Grape and 28th St, South Park, Off-leash Hours:
Monday – Friday: 7:30am to 9pm, Sat – Sunday & Holidays: 9am to 9pm
- Cadman Park, 4280 Avati Dr, Clairemont. No July 4th, No Sat mornings during Little League season.
Off-leash Hours: Fall / Winter / Spring – 7:30am to 10am, 4:30pm to 7pm
Summer – 7am to 9:30am, 5pm to 7:30pm
- Balboa Park, Nate’s Point – Balboa Dr@El Prado, south side of Cabrillo Bridge.
- Balboa Park, Morley Field northwest of tennis courts
- Charles L Lewis III Memorial Park, 6610 Potomac St, San Diego, CA 92139, Northern end of the park.
- Maddox Neighborhood Park, 7815 Flanders St. in Mira Mesa